New YouTube video available for viewing Friday; check out others, too
While you're waiting for this video to drop, check out the other videos on the Sacramento master gardeners' YouTube channel . If you subscribe to the channel, you'll get notifications of any new ones.
Many of the videos already there were filmed for last summer's virtual Harvest Day. Some that are relevant for early spring gardening include:
On the Sacramento County YouTube home page is also a link to the statewide UCCE master gardener YouTube channel. The latest video there is How to Design a Home Vegetable Garden.
Of course the advantage to videos is viewing them at any hour, and as many times as desired. I really need to watch that Sharpening Hand Pruners video again!
To see what else the Sacramento County master gardeners have to offer, including many planting and growing guides, visit their website, http://sacmg.ucanr.edu/ .
-- Kathy Morrison
Comments0 comments have been posted.
Sacramento Digs Gardening to your inbox.
Taste Winter! E-cookbook
Sites We Like
Dig In: Garden Checklist
For week of Feb. 18:
It's wet to start the week. When you do get outside, between or after storms, concentrate on damage control:
* Keep storm drains and gutters clear of debris.
* Clean up tree debris knocked down by wind and rain.
* Where did the water flow in your garden? Make notes where revisions are necessary.
* Are any trees leaning? See disturbances in the ground or lawn around their base? Time to call an arborist before the tree topples.
* Dump excess water out of pots.
* Indoors, start peppers, tomatoes and eggplant from seed.
* Lettuce and other greens also can be started indoors from seed.
* Got bare-root plants? Put their roots in a bucket of water until outdoor soil dries out. Or pot them up in 1- or 5-gallon containers. In April, transplant the plant, rootball and all, into the garden.
* Browse garden websites and catalogs. It’s not too late to order for spring and summer.
* Show your indoor plants some love. Dust leaves and mist to refresh.
Taste Spring! E-cookbook
Taste Summer! E-cookbook
Taste Fall! E-cookbook